Thursday, January 21, 2016

Wolfgang's Bourbon Barrel Beer Mustard

Drinking my buddies Bourbon Barrel Beer was nothing more than a full on pleasurable attack on my taste buds. Not a surprise that my palate was coerced into making Mustard. I mean after tasting this remarkably well crafted beer one would be derelict (or a Shmendrik) and a gastronomic buffoon (Schmuck) not to make something from this beer. Don't get me wrong drinking it was mighty satisfying but since I just love food and all things creative I knew I had to do something special.






Like many of my other mustard recipes SEE HERE everything starts out with seeds and a liquid. I won't go into a lot of details here because this is so similar to my Gingerbread Stout Mustard.  


Place beer and seeds in a bowl, give it a stir and place in refrigerator for 3 days. After three days place all ingredients in a food processor or in my case a vitamix. Add just enough water to help the blades process the seeds and and give it the texture you want. This is different for everyone. 



Note: there is no measurement for water. Depending on how much liquid the seeds absorbed the water content changes.



This is what they look like after three days. 



Everything mixed together.

Put in refrigerator for several days for so everything can come together. 


All done. I added about 125 grams of water to complete the mustard and gave it a whip with a whisk.






Review- It came out great. It will need several weeks in the refrigerator until it achieves the flavors I want. But that being said it damn good right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment