Monday, June 11, 2018

Blood Orange Paste

I had this idea about serving my Duckcetta as an appetizer but needed an appropriate canvas. When you make something as good as this your want to showcase it in many different ways. I have already made Pasta Carbonara  and a few others but now I needed to serve it as an appetizer. I came up with the idea for Blood Orange Paste because I knew that Orange pairs well with Duck. Oh Blood Orange Paste just sounds cool too. I made this other dish called "Duck a la me" aka Salami Duck à l'orange Fettuccine and it came out so good that I just knew I had to pair my Duckcetta with Orange. 

Ingredients 

3 Blood Oranges
1 cup of Orange Juice (Blood Orange juice is preferred)
1/2 tsp of salt
2 cups of Sugar (or other sweetener such as Agave to taste)
1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum
Optional- add some red food coloring if you really want this bright red.I did not add any coloring.



Cut into wedges
Squeeze as much juice out into a  sauce pan
Add Orange Juice, salt and simmer for 90 min....on very low flame
Add Sugar
Simmer until sugar is  completely disolved
Using a VitaMix or something equally powerful process with Xanthan Gum until smooth 
Place in Bowl and refrigerate until ready to use
I placed it in a bag for easy spreading

USES

  • As is.....
  • Mix with BBQ sauce for an orange flavor sauce
  • Mix with your favorite hot sauce and butter for hot wings
  • Also great in stir-frys 
  • Great is desserts
DUCK BRUSCHETTA
(make sure to toast bread)
Herb Goat Cheese spread ,Duckcetta, Orange paste, Sliver of Sun-dried Tom with a little sprinkle of Dill.




TOP OF PAGE




No comments:

Post a Comment