Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Kodoshian Sauce


Have you ever had one of those moments when you make one thing and several things evolve from the original idea? Yea, these are one of those times. Inspiration comes to me often and when it does I go to work. While making Jerky with an Asian flare I surmised that this sauce could be used for other recipes with a tweak or two. I can add this or subtract that and voila Kodoshian Sauce was created. This sauce is great on just about everything. From stirfrys to marinating chicken, beef, and hot wings to all sorts of things. If you want to you can add fresh ginger, garlic, pineapple or galandal. You can use this sauce as a base to create other magnificent things. In this post I will show you what I did......Dang I need to make some Hot Wings with this sauce too. Heck maybe next week or so.

No Asian dish with be complete without Daikon and Carrots. This is such an easy brine to make. Boil all the ingredients above and pour over the julienned Daikon & Carrot slaw. After you pour it over give it about 60 minutes before you sample. If you want you can change the ratios. One to One on the water and vinegar works too.


You want to have equal proportions. I over did it with the carrots though. Use a mandoline if you have one. Make sure the veggies are the same length.
Toss everything in a colander. Add some salt and toss to coat. Let it sit for about 30-45. This will draw out excess moisture. After the elapsed time rinse with water and squeeze. I used cheese cloth but feel free to do it anyway you want. Combine the veggies in one large bowl and mix. Pour Boiled Brine over them. It will take a while for it to cool off. You could add ice to a one gallon bag and submerge it into the container to cool if off rapidly.


Picture to the left... all done. Picture to the right has the pickled mixture sitting in a sieve to drain. Placing these babies in my sandwich.  


MARINATED CHICKEN

Combine the Kodoshian sauce with the Chicken (I prefer thighs) some Green Onion and Cilantro. Add some black and white sesame seeds. Let it marinate for at least 6 hours but 24 hours is better. 


Cook on a very large grill. When you get done you can place on a serving try with some extra goodies and serve as you wish.






Getting it ready for another dish.



 



Pasta Bowl with Chicken

Boiled Rice noodles combine with Sauce, chicken, pickled Daikon & Carrots, Cilantro, Green Onion, Bean Sprouts and Peanuts. I added some more Sriracha to the sauce to really kick it up. 







Kodoshian-Mayo

I had to make a mayo to go with my Sandwiches. I used my Kodoshian Sauce, Mayo and Chili Garlic sauce.




Kodoshian-Dipping-Sauce

 I made a dipping sauce to go with my Egg Rolls. Combine Kodoshian Sauce, Peach or Pineapple Preserves, Sweet Chili Sauce and some extra Sesame seeds.












Kodoshian Egg-Rolls

Here is my mixture for the Egg Rolls. Combine Chicken, Boiled Rice Noodles, Cilantro, Green Onions, Kodoshian Sauce, Sesame Seeds and some Peach Preserves. The Preserves helps with the overall structure of the Egg Roll and makes it taste awesome.



Make the Egg Rolls. 








After they're rolled place in refrigerator for an hour or two to dry. A wet Egg Roll will not fry properly. In a skillet on medium heat fry until golden brown. 





Plate them up with some sauce and sesame seeds.




Kodoshian-Bad-Ass-Chicken Sandwich 

 Chop up the chicken, added some sauce, green onion, cilantro and more sesame seeds. Now make a Big Ass sandwich with the Chicken and Mayo you just made. Add all the fixings. Toast the bun. 

Kodoshian-Ribeye-Sandwich

Partially freeze the Ribeye so it will be easier to slice thin. I have a Berkel slicer so this made it easy. Slice into desired thickness. I sliced the Ribeye at 1/4 of inch. 


This 2 1/2 inch Ribeye was able to give up a lot of slices.







Marinate the Ribeye in the Kodoshian Sauce for at least 24 hours.  Make sure they are fully submerged. After the picture was taken I pushed meat under the sauce.



Grill them off on a smoking hot grill.








All Done!!


Make your Ribeye Sandwiches!!! Add some mayo, the sauce and the rest of the goodies. 

TOP OF THE PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment